View Single Post
Old 2009-04-15, 17:45   Link #127
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
No gender bending please btw until we see a male character in K-On.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
Do not want. Keep your Y chromosomes out of my moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
QFT. What genderbending is all about is to reconstruct the X chromosomes which, as a result of poor evolutionary choices, have become deformed and turned into Y chromosomes... (Scientific truth there.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Speaking as part of the Touhou fanbase, I confirm what everyone else here has said: females should NEVER be turned into males, and the fact that there is only one known male character in Gensokyo is a GOOD thing.
I sense rampant sexism here, both ways. It pisses me off.

Seitenkan would like to point out that genderbending females into males is perfectly acceptable, and can, at times, make the character(s) more entertaining.

Genderbending K-On would turn in into a high school epic about four guys who aim to achieve greatness with the POWAH OF ROCK. If that isn't entertaining I don't know what is.

Please try to be more open and accepting of the Y chromosome in the future. This is the kind of mentality that creates LCD monstrosities like Dragonaut and Queen's Blade.

Of course, the problem with genderbending K-On is that I can't possibly figure out how to genderbend Mio... all the other characters have a clear archetypical analogue, but not Mio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
As gmeister puts it, we don't need Y-chromosomes for our moe, genderbending's main purpose is to get rid of Y-chromosomes, not add to them.
I call bull. Genderbending's purpose isn't to get rid of male characters, it's to REVERSE THE GENDERS OF THE ENTIRE CAST.

What's the point otherwise?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote