View Single Post
Old 2009-09-26, 04:20   Link #2048
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
But that's under the assumption i need to believe in god, hence i need faith. If you must label what created this universe, god might be a fitting title, but i don't believe it is some omnipotent being worthy or desiring praise. More likely it is some mass of energy.
Well you did started it by stating
Quote:
If god is really all powerful or has some sort of master plan then there is no point in me going against his will and i should remain an atheist as it was how i was raised. If for his plan i needed to believe in him it would be very simple. For me to believe in god i simply need to see a miracle that can't be explained by science. Something that brakes every rule. Since he has not done so, even when the amount of people who consider themselves religious is on a decrease, it means having a faith isn't that important to his plan.
That already assumes that God exists and he has a plan which involves faith. I was trying to counter the last statement I bolded; that of faith loosing its worth with the absence of a modern day, physics defying miracle. Whether or not you need to believe is up to you. It has no effect on God's plan or the role of faith in it (as far as the plan being successful).

That brings me to the other statement I bolded. As one who believes in the Bible, it states that God's plan is to save those who believe in him. Now while that does bring up faith (which is another reason why I think faith is important in God's plan), it doesn't mean he needs for anyone in particular to believe in order for his plan to work. Any need is on the human's part to decide in this life whether to believe. So faith is important, but either way a person decides, the plan continues on until it's done.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote