View Single Post
Old 2012-12-04, 20:32   Link #355
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroboro View Post
Oh, I know. It's certainly better than nothing. I was just wondering if maybe the reason he seemed so carefree in the earlier episodes, is because he was afraid that when he reached the world tree he would find nothing.
I think you can probably *at least* put it in the reverse. If he knew for a fact that Asuna was definitely there and needed to be "rescued", I think he would have been even more stressed about it. It's certainly true that his lead was a "long shot" at best, but as was said, it's not like he had any other leads worth pursuing.

(To be honest, one of the reasons it's such a long shot is because, if she really was being held "hostage", why would you set her out in the open like that? Why not keep her locked away like the other 299 prisoners? It's only because of Sugou's particular oddities about maintaining this King/Queen fantasy that this whole thing transpired. It was also of course completely possible that Sugou made an NPC to look like Asuna or all sorts of other things.)