View Single Post
Old 2013-02-05, 10:46   Link #19
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
kinda sad for smoker, he just gets beaten up one after another...
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Smoker needs to stop getting raped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Doflamingo in rampage mode... poor Smo-yan!

You know, at this point I'm about 105% convinced: If Buggy is OP's Mr. Satan, then Smoker is most definitely its Yamcha.

Anyhow, SERIOUS SPECULATION TIME:

To be honest, I've been pretty hesitant about bringing up this theory for a while because it's one I've seen pop up every now and then over the years with very little (if any) evidence to back it up. But now I feel there's enough ground to stand on to ask the big question: Is Doflamingo part of the "D" clan?

Now again, this is an idea that I originally thought ridiculous myself, but the recent chapters have started to make me think otherwise. I mean, apparently Dofla is being treated as if he were someone of royal or noble lineage, what with some of his own crew referring to him as "young master" and whatnot. The next clue was what Vergo had told Law about how he "knew nothing of Joker's past", which could imply that there's a more complex history behind the warlord than initially expected. The clincher for me is the fact that he can use conqueror's haki.... which very few people are capable of using. And remember, Monet even said that she wanted Dofla to become Pirate King..... which would require someone with a "king's disposition", I believe.

So with all that being said, what if Dofla's actual name wasn't "Donquixote Doflamingo", but rather Donquixote D. Flamingo? He could have slightly altered his name for the public's eyes in a similar sense as to how "Gol D. Roger" became known as "Gold Roger". Again, this whole theory could be entirely wrong, but at least there's enough grounds to actually make it plausible.....