View Single Post
Old 2008-05-14, 08:31   Link #20
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Something about this episode seemed a bit off, and i am not just talking about the animation that took a nosedive. Yuuki's willingness to let Zero suck her blood came across as somewhat rushed - she made the decision too easily and with no apparent hesitation or being scared at all. Which might be fine, but the buildup for her resolve was sorely lacking. Same can be said about Zero giving in so easily. I feel that ep5 pool scene was handled much better regarding this.

Second is the drama concerning Zero ... it is exactly the same thing over and over again. I want to see something new on his front, because i feel this particular plot point has been stretched pretty thin as a drama source by now. Rehashing the same ideas and lines can be exciting only for so long. Hopefully the mention of that woman by his sensei (whomever he might be referring to) will bring forth something new for Zero to angst over. I suppose him ceasing to be a bundle of emo is too much to hope for though. Oh well. As a side note - Yuuki is starting to get on my nerves somewhat.

I am interested whats going to happen now though. Zero keeps sucking her blood on regular basis ? Well, i admit it seems like an immediate solution to his situation, but feels a bit cheap. There is also his approaching level E issue ... simply drinking the blood doesn't stop the degeneration as i understood, so i assume it is just a matter of time. Though the process seems awfully slow, so i guess they can safely ignore this part for now. Zero's situation with his teacher ended somewhat abruptly as well ... overall i think the biggest issue of the episode was the pacing - it almost feels like they crammed 1.5 episodes worth of character and plot development in to one, thus some of the critical moments felt rushed. Oh well, looking towards the next one.