View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 20:18   Link #11851
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
This is but a guess, but I assume that a purpose - any purpose - is far more influential to a person like child Medaka than nihilism. It seemed to me that Kumagawa was just telling her what she already suspected, so Zenkichi's words were a shock to her system.
If Medaka was a normal child, I might agree. But Medaka was a monster child who even at that age was seperate from normal humans. For someone like that, why would having a purpose be better than nihlism, unless there was an external factor?

Quote:
No one does and no one did. At most, Wolf claimed his belief to be more widespread than he could prove. That is an entirely different matter.
Except he was treating it as if it was a flaw in Nisio's writing, not an opinion.

Quote:
Oh, I've believed for a long time that it is impossible for a human being to be totally biased without experiencing God Itself. But this is probably semantics or misunderstanding what you wrote. But I do know that it does not make an opinion ineligible.
Generally speaking, you'd be right. Within the confines of the discussion is another matter.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote