View Single Post
Old 2012-03-31, 05:29   Link #4
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Quote:
Eventually the men come up with the concept of good and evil, and a good amount of people agrees with that concept
I think that good and evil are just useful and easy concepts to use in order to make some actions and behaviors appear positive/negative, right/wrong, and as you said, i think it's a matter of perception:
Quote:
If good and evil are just labels to the words, then how are the words seen as positive or negative if good and evil doesn't exist in the first place?
Society has the "duty" of instructing people to what is good and what is evil, by using those concepts, and make people see some things under a positive light, and others under a negative light.

If the society didn't tell you that killing is evil, you probably would have grown up anyways with the idea that killing isn't the right thing to do, but someone else could have grown up with another idea of what is right and what is wrong (this is because people people often see "good" as "right" and "evil" as "wrong"). What i'm trying to point out is that the society, made by people like that person, isn't in the position to state something that objective, and that's why the concepts of "good" and "evil" just become labels to words. They are still seen by people as the right/wrong things to do, but only if you remain on the surface: if you analyze a bit deeply you'll eventually come to my conclusion.
TL;DR there is the probability that the concepts of good and evil we are given are fake, and this only leads to subjective views of them; subjective views => there is no objective concept of good and evil => you are in no position of saying what is good and what is evil => good and evil do not really exist until we are given an objective definition of them, and that definition can only be given by someone who is confirmed to be a superior being, often called God.

And while we wait this mister to come with the real definition of good and evil, we make up two concepts that fit those definitions the most, according to our ways of thinking. The problem is that not everyone thinks the same way, and even tho you manage to gather a large amount of people thinking the same way, there is still that small percentage that thinks in a different way that should be taken into account.

I hope i made myself more clear: i'm not denying that i agree with most of what society says of being right/wrong, but like everyone else, i think that not everything society says is wrong is actually wrong.

Anyways, once i woke up, i came up with a good example to further prove my point about Light being right/wrong, and it's even a classic example:
Let's say you were given the chance of getting back to the past, before Hitler killed 6M of people, and let's suppose that by killing Hitler the only change in the current world would be the salvation of those 6M people (I'm saying this in order to avoid speculations on the butterfly effect, such as: if i kill him, probably something worse will come, so better leave things as they are. Let's suppose nothing worse comes after). Let's say you were given the chance to kill him: would or wouldn't you kill him?
Since you are in no position of putting an end to someone's freedom or life, whoever they are, killing whatever human would be considered wrong(and i actually think it is wrong) and so you "shouldn't" kill him, even tho this would cause the death of 6M of people. On the other side, if you kill him you would become the evil, but at the same time you would have saved 6M of people from certain death: the question is, are you going to take the burden of having killed a person and have become the evil for the sake of millions of people, or do you prefer being in the "right" and leave things as they are? I think the choice Light operated was the first: he took the burden of becoming the evil in order to prevent the lives and happiness of people being in danger.

Even tho i would be deemed as evil, i would take the burden of killing one person for the sake of humanity, even tho this would mean i'm doing something wrong, and that i shouldn't expect the respect of anyone, but only disgust.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote