View Single Post
Old 2008-02-10, 19:18   Link #375
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfftw View Post
I doubt it is going to go to a trial cuz she either be killed of or will have to like fight the rest of her life in a cockpit.
Likely killed. CB has shown no hesitance in killing threats; Tieria drew on Setsuna for merely risking a Solar Furnace.
Quote:
I would love to see some shady characters to remain alive though cuz its so stereo typical to see bad guys die thats it gets boring(for me) i mean if neena remained alive to the end of the show it would be like wow. At least then i know there will be a season 2 more fun for me
If you consider the bored slaughter of innocents or the threatening of unwilling love interests fun, well...

Quote:
BTW i dont understand how you say soldier cant be used but talk about court martial. In fact i doubt they have a rules of engagement simply because they are not a country and that term meister at least for me seems to indicate that they should have some kind of moral principles and stuff though it its not the case with the thrones though
They do; it was listed in the first episode. "Celestial Being will not intervene for its own gain, but will only do so to defeat conflict, etc. etc." Considering that the first intervention of the Thrones was manifestly for CB's own gain, and Neena's own action was not for the elimination of warfare, she broke Schenberg's guaranteed to humanity.

There's also the consideration of changing policies for no practice. The way the Meisters destroy the source of conflict, while the Thrones destroy the means of conflict, is very telling. Allelujah cirles over drug fields for half an hour, allowing workers to flee before he bombs them. Casualties: 0, and one of the sources of conflict (fighting over the drugs produced) is eliminated. Johann attacks a munitions plant: no warning, over 800 die, and no conflict has been solved (though the US's means to fight are reduced, but that only hurts the ability to wage war on a nation-scale, not lower scales).

So, really, the Thrones expanded the conflict for little to no reason, and against Schenberg's declaration. Neena especially could be courtmarshalled and convicted of going against Celestial Being's public mission statement.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote