View Single Post
Old 2009-06-04, 10:08   Link #25
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Little is know about the title but Chocobos are confirmed for the game.
Holy hell I would have never guessed! Thanx for this incredible news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I really hope FFXIV is a lot more accessible than FFXI.

FFXI had good concepts but it was ultimately a very hard game for more casual people like me. I remember leveling down in that game, after being killed my a monster "too weak to be worthwhile". Waiting for a thousand years for a party because I didn't have a "useful" job.

I would prefer if they took a more WoW approach, but with their own spice. Make it a little bit more action oriented. More monster hunter-ish.

I agree with this, the difficulty rate of this game was completely different than what a FF fan is used. The level of damage taken by just a regular enemy was way too high, that of course caused the main bosses to be even stronger, so strong that even your most defensively equipped PLD could be killed with two hits. In the end that forced the players to either chose the "kite strategy" or a mandatory ninja subjob. Blood tanking ended up being the last resort for the few cases where you couldn't do otherwise (Faust).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hawk View Post

FFXI has been updated to be a bit more friendlier to "casuals" These are some of the updates.

- Level Sync: High level players can join up with low levels.
- Signets: Has been buffed that you can solo bit more easily.
- Quests: Collect/Kill x amount of.

I'm sure SE learned some of there mistakes on FFXI.
Yes SE gradually made the game more and more casual gamer friendly. The time required to exp from 1 to 75 also decreased drastically. But it should be noted that at the same time SE introduced end game contents that were 5 times harder than the previous. I've tried Salvage with many different LSs and I've never made it to see a chariot die. The only time I've actually see one, it was a complete defeat.
And don't le me start with Einherjar, it's simply out of the league of any group of people that isn't bunch of parser freaks with ultrarare equipments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
Honestly, every time I see someone say this about FFXI I can only think they are exaggerating... I was by no means a "hardcore" player and I played the game fine for a number of years. Granted, I didn't participate in the cutting edge of end game but you don't need to throw away your life to play (and enjoy) FFXI.
I wonder if you ever tried the rank10 assault missions. They can't certainly be described as cutting edge end game content since you can only do them with a party of 6. And yet I have still the nightmares thinking about them. I had to repeat them several times, suffering many deaths. In the end I made it but I couldn't do it for all of my friends, because it looked like a THF or BST just had no way to be useful, and with such difficulty you couldn't afford to have a dead weight with you.
This is a part of this game that I hated. I only wanted to have fun with my friends, but the absurd difficulty rate just enforces people to discriminate certain jobs or players that aren't particularly skilled.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote