View Single Post
Old 2012-07-23, 00:12   Link #1204
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Wow, humanity is close to being extinct and they still think about their nation? Yuuya and Yui both deserve a slap to their faces.

National pride is bullshit if you don't have any nation in the first place.
Better reallocate those thoughts to fighting for a common cause: survival.
Yep pretty much. Unfortunately someone started the fight so until it's finish, this stupid tug of war won't stop.

"But Yui IS a Japanese doll (or would be if she learn to keep her mouth shut). What experience does she have exactly? Watching her friends die and being luckily enough to be saved."

Still more experiences than Yuuya. What does he have? Experiences in how to piss off your superior officer, show off to your superior officer, have bad attitude towards your superior officer. Why? Because she's a freaking Japanese doll.

Remember, the thing Yui had problems with Yuuya was clearly stated by her in this episode.
"I find that haughty attitude unpleasant and upsetting"

I also need to be clear that I definitely like both Yui and Yuuya. But I also need to be clear that both have their own issues which results in their fights. This is how I see things. Yuuya have issues regarding the Japanese due to his past and therefore that affects how he behaves with Yui, a Japanese. He does not act badly around the others because that's how he truly is. However when it concerns the Japanese, it's a "sore" spot for him which resulted in him having a bad attitude with Yui. As a child, he and his mother was abandoned by his father. The bullying kids pound into his head the idea that the Japanese suck. Now he actually meets a Japanese. Since the Japanese suck but he is half-Japanese, how does his deal with this fact? By having a cocky, haughty, and bad attitude towards the Japanese to show that he's better. A way to "run" away that he's part the supposed sucky Japanese himself.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote