View Single Post
Old 2006-11-02, 13:01   Link #22
DangerMouse

Ah, since I wasn't following the dialogue, I should have known that I'd "zoom" in on things and not really "take everything in" and therefore not think of things that I'd normally think of much more quickly.

Thanks ALOT for voicing that info, I don't know why I wasn't thinking of this being just some backwater planet with a training facility *smacks head, so obvious*. For all I know, they might have even blatantly said it was, but since I can't follow the dialogue I think that sounds very accurate and definitely explains the odd juxtoposition of both the old-fashioned areas of the school and the pilot training areas of what's the same building (almost like they retrofitted an old college building) as well as the farm-like environment outside the school (that I didn't see on my first skim through the raw, I guess that might explain why it didn't cross my mind), not to mention how little focus the planet itself seemed to get and how quickly they leave it. Also the way the technology is integrated into the old-style lecture hall with it's wooden chairs seems a lot more fitting now.

I've already gone into detail about how I love the look and feel of the show, now hopefully a subbing group will pick it up so I can really enjoy it.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2006-11-02 at 13:33.