View Single Post
Old 2012-05-08, 17:27   Link #109
bighawke5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
So Vagan genocide evil, Flit genocide good, ok thanks for clearing that up.

The problem with the Vagans initially coming back was the fact that no one knew they existed. Plus if there are all these colonies around the Earth it's hard to believe a massive group of people can just move back without issue. Very possible we've got some population control in place. Of course shouldn't have been a problem later. Sadly by that point a crazy leader emerged and took things to a point where peace talks weren't going to happen.

So since we haven't seen good people with the Vagans we should commit genocide? It's certainly not possible at all that the leadership would only advance those who shared their beliefs right? That'd be like saying in WW2 all Germans should have been killed because all that the Allies met in battle were Nazi soldiers.

Personally I'd love to find where these people putting the Vagans in a noble light are. Why is it so hard for people to figure out that both Flit and Ezelcant can be wrong? The Federation started off wrong with leaving those people in that situation. Then the Vagans did the wrong thing in getting revenge and trying to forcefully take Earth for themselves. And Flit is wrong for the path he's going down. We have no idea what the people on Mars actually know about things. Easy enough to tell them that the people on Earth are a bunch of evil villains who are laughing it up on Earth while intentionally leaving them there. If the leaders don't tell them differently. Only advance those either willing to commit genocide themselves or are simply bad guys and you've got yourself a despicable army. All you need to do is tell the soldiers they are removing evil people to make room for their families who will be saved from further tragedy.

Both sides are going in the wrong direction here.
That's a beautiful dream. Unfortunately the worst part of circular arguments is that no one will ever stop. Still good to dream though.
yea thanks for summarizing in bold
"So since we haven't seen good people with the Vagans we should commit genocide? It's certainly not possible at all that the leadership would only advance those who shared their beliefs right? That'd be like saying in WW2 all Germans should have been killed because all that the Allies met in battle were Nazi soldiers."
i dont agree here because your example assumes all germans were advocates of hitler even though he ruled by fear and its certainly not true because if you asked each and every german annonymously, if truthfully in their hearts if they supported his views 100% without question i'm sure you'd find some that disagreed(i know from personal experience with elder family menbers and their acquintances). Plus that would be near impossible since thats astronomical amounts of people.

BUT here we have a controlled space, where we know for a fact that all vagans share ezelcant's belief hence yea i'd say "kill em all" vagans, that is . Am i right for wanting to commit genocide because of my belief? no, but as long as i do it to protect a much more significant amount of people i dont care. And also the fact that i know ezelcant is straight up doing HIS genocide for revenge makes my decision and view about the whole thing that much stronger and helps me sleep at night knowing i've killed that many evil. I can gladly go to hell after the fact. I'm sure thats what's going on within flit's mind lol

does it mean ezelcant's reasons are wrong? no, because i can't judge him since i'm not perfect. I can call him evil though based on my beliefs as annyone standing by their beliefs would. The truth though is Both sides are wrong, because genocides solves nothing and is too costly, leaving nothing but sour tastes in the mouth.

"Both sides are going in the wrong direction here.
That's a beautiful dream. Unfortunately the worst part of circular arguments is that no one will ever stop. Still good to dream though"
nicely worded sir, I seldom get too into disscussions about anime works and later recall "its all fantasy bud chillax" lol

Last edited by bighawke5; 2012-05-08 at 17:43.
bighawke5 is offline   Reply With Quote