View Single Post
Old 2012-10-27, 10:13   Link #45
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Overall a good episode, not as good as the first three, but still a tier above everything else this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Did something happen to the budget? All of a sudden it's nothing but close-up shots and static imagery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HosannaExcelsis View Post
It's just the idiosyncratic style of the episode director (Shigeyasu Yamauchi).
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Not your imagination that they were drawn a bit differently,most likely due to this episode being directed by by Shigeyasu Yamauchi who likes to go oldschool and I guess the director of the show let him do it,the designs will probably be back to normal next week.Oh and he loves extreme close ups and toying with the color scheme so there's your reason for that too.

Funny the difference a bit more nose and lips makes:

Images
last week
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
this week
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Direction was not just different this episode, it also had a lot of action implied, on the background and even off-camera

I hope that they don't stick with this style, being explicit and graphical does not only help the less attentive viewers, but mainly gives an opportunity for some great artwork filled with intense emotion... that is if the the director and animators are skillful enough

This episode's style was more befitting to a Ghibli anime for the whole family

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpk10 View Post
It WAS their (Saki and Satoru's) first time doing it (well, almost doing it...) with each other.
Indeed, but I can not shake the feeling that a lot more happened in the source material... not just some neck licking Maybe when the cast becomes 26, the studio will not indulge in this annoying self-censorship, pandering immature viewers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Mad props to Saki for having the self-control to overcome her "monkey sex" instincts. Way to go girl!!
Denying one's natural needs is never a good thing, builds up anxiety, and is a sure path to psychotic outbursts... add to that her lame cockblocking line about being watched