Thread: Licensed Date A Live [Light Novel]
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-12, 16:46   Link #2236
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I think one of the underlying rule for the sealing to work is for the heroine to have (romantic) affection towards Shidou to begin with
Where did you get this from? As far as I'm concerned, a random female character can reach the same level of 'affection' as Shidou has reached. Just because something is affectionate doesn't necessarily mean it has to be romantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Just because it is a harem story does not mean the main "pairs" (I think two major heroine candidates contesting would be fine) have to have their relationship in a stalemate position. After the first 4.5 volumes I have finished I don't see how Shidou's relation with any of the heroines progress at all beyond their initial interaction.

Take another popular harem series, Highschool DxD, for example, there can still be degrees of relationship progression between the main couple while the harem continue to interact with the protagonist.

Since so far no real "main heroines" have been established in the series (Tohka and Origami (and in a way, Kotori) are recurring ones, but does not mean they are any closer to Shidou than before), the author still have room to "grow" actual mutual relationships between Shidou and one of the heroines.
I don't get what you're even talking about here. No one said anything about Shidou's relation with the heroines being in stalemate. I'm also pretty sure that it's quite obvious that Tohka is the established main 'heroine' at this point.

No, but really- What are you talking about now? What does this have anything to do with what I said about introducing a new character every volume?
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote