Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-21, 21:30   Link #1206
chikkychappy

Quote:
I remember haters even trashed Gon and Mito's hand sign at the 2011 ver, when in fact it's a nice endearing reference to a detail in the manga. The 1999 fans were so vicious that they called 2011 series worthless, shouldn't be made and should just get cancelled,
that's why i said there ARE people who are unfair to the new series and never gave it a chance (i myself do not understand some of their complaints, especially regarding censorship). but there are people who aren't. and let's not be saintly here: there ARE also extremes among the 2011 fanbase, fans who pretend that each change by the 1999 series is sacrilege and who get over-defensive at each sign of criticism against madhouse.

anyway, it seems like you automatically lumped me with the mindless bashers simply because i said i prefer the 1999 series. look at my posting history and see if i have unfairly criticized the new series. in fact, i even had posts defending it. it's just my honest opinion that the 1999 series is easily better, so it grates me that there are people here unfairly tearing it apart and in fact are as guilty of bias as the "rabid 1999 fans" they so despised.

i will continue to give my comments on recent episodes and will not stop reiterating how i find the 1999 series MUCH superior (so far). deal with it.

Quote:
and if the other person is right, there're people like you and others like to claim that 1999 series is better than the original source materials. I can never understand that.
and how is this unbelievable?

of course i'd hold the manga superior in terms of facts and cannonness. but there's nothing wrong with preferring the of EXECUTION of an adaptation over the original

Last edited by chikkychappy; 2012-05-22 at 06:27.
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote