View Single Post
Old 2008-07-22, 05:24   Link #275
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
General heroism, I guess. He saved two songstresses in one battle. It's vaguely possible he now outranks Luca. I don't remember about Michel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post

I really don't understand why they were make Alto 2nd LT and keep Michael at the same rank. Michael has so much more experience than Alto which should add up to at least 1st LT one would think. Seniority over Skill. Also I believe Ozma is in charge of everything flight oriented. He's above Klan Klan as far as ranking goes. If he kicks the bucket then I see Klan Klan being in charge of all flight operations and it's possible that Alto gets put in charge of the Skull Squadron but I would rather see Michael in that role. However it's an anime and so logic doesn't always come into decision making.
Sorry, but my opinion differs from you people in how Alto got promoted. From the way I heard it, it seems that Alto has the ability to recognize danger in multiple forms. He reported that the unknown purple unit on Galia 4 was the same one that rescued Ranka and was suspiciously hanging around Frontier. Intel discern that what Alto said was true, and that Alto has spotted a potential threat to Frontier. For that, Alto was promoted. (I believe that recognizing potential threats to a squad is a major must skill for squad leaders. Otherwise the squad could walk into a trap.) Plus his superb piloting abilities already drew a lot of attention. Both in and out of Frontier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Actually since Sheryl was in the mall with Alto as Ranka did her number it's very possible that Grace was following at a safe distance observing and so caught Ranka's performance. Being a cyborg she simply recorded the event as we know she already can do.
But Grace at that time, didn't see Ranka's ability as Q1 yet. She probably just dismissed her. And it doesn't explain how Leon kept tabs on Ranka and have footage of Ranka walking around before meeting Grace.