View Single Post
Old 2008-08-08, 05:09   Link #419
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinjipierre View Post
What the heck ? negative timings ??? overlap the singing ??? never seen aegisub

I don't really work for fansubs anymore... I don't quite follow the news...

I didn't understand the fucking use of a {\k0} already.... but a {\k-10}, *erm*....
I've just corrected the {\k0} problem since a lot of people were coming in my channel saying their script couldn't load, it probably doesn't work with negative things... don't even understand the use....
Yeah I had to use negative timings in Macross Frontier First opening karaoke for Menclave. It's quite interesting how it was timed... But then I wrote my own script that handles it. It basically uses two range selectors for that, so I asked you that question since fixed timings also used multiple range selectors.

Example:

Quote:
Dialogue: 0,0:01:43.78,0:01:48.47,Romaji,,0000,0000,0000,,{\ k32}i{\k166}ma {\k-75}{\k45}su{\k168}gu {\k-66}{\k35}TOUCH {\k164}ME

Dialogue: 0,0:01:43.78,0:01:48.47,Kanji,,0000,0000,0000,,{\k 198}今{\k-75}{\k45}す{\k168}ぐ {\k-66}{\k35}タッチ{\k164}ミー
so she sings "ima" first, and then the second voice singing "sugu" overlaps with "ima", and then another voice sings "touch me" while "sugu" is sung. It's two ranges, because "touch me" never overlaps with "ima." Then again, it can be done with ease if the script does multiple range selectors: one selector per syllable. But, you get the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
Actually the correct way (according to Gabest, if we should take his code for his word) is not to use negative \k timings, but to use the \kt tag. It explicitly sets the start time (in centiseconds) of the next syllable that starts.
Well, jfs -- silverfire actually is the one wanting to use negative timings (he's the one timing it); I wasn't told about the \kt tag. I know you can time negative timings in aegisub.... So, is it possible to time \kt in aegisub? Or it's a WIP?

Last edited by pichu; 2008-08-08 at 05:38. Reason: aegisub
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote