Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-08, 09:50   Link #3864
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunocchi View Post
A licensing issue, perhaps? Since these are AKB songs its probably really easy just to find some translated lyrics online somewhere.
Damn, I thought they got the licensing issues dealt with, but then considering the policies of Japanese record labels (I recall that if Macross Frontier were to be released outside Japan without the legal custody battle, licensing the songs would be the final hurdle), I wonder if someone explained to the King Records (presently AKB48's parent label) suits about the possibility of being able to promote the real-life group to a new audience that direct record sales couldn't do overseas (except for a niche audience consisting of hardcore wota).

Going back to RW's report, we wonder if removing the subtitles/lyrics of the songs saves Sentai some money or legal issues, but I don't like removing integral parts that are critical in explaining to non-fans about what's the story is all about (yes, we remember that some people outside of both anime and idol fandoms have no idea what and how the idol system works, and all they know about *48 is either it's "weird", the Heavy Rotation PV or Minami Minegishi's shaved head while making her public apology).