View Single Post
Old 2008-06-24, 02:34   Link #245
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
How many times do we have to prove to you that there had been conversation between pilots and that there had in fact, been coordination as well? Episode 7 was also the first time we seen the Quarter out to fight. Certainly before then the bridge personnel was very busy coordinating movements during Alto's training, up to the point where they alerted the squadron the appearance of a lone Vajra. It is all there, why you choose to dismiss them is again, beyond me.
They didn't do anything up until the Vajra Folded in, and that was a simple dramatic warning two seconds ahead of it actually appearing. "Like, omg, you guys have company!" Totally worthless. And maybe you're misunderstanding me when I say "chatter". I don't mean them simply talking to one another, I mean relevant discussions about their current circumstances.

As an example, when Misa's operating the Cat Eye in the episode they get captured, they discussed who to send to engage the Battlepods lurking just outside their range, and who would remain to protect Misa (they made the stupid decision to abandon her completely, but that's another topic of discussion). They weighed their options, and took a course of action.

Frontier by comparison has ass smelling and Alto screaming at Michael to SHOOT! Simple dramatic drivel. Basically they are no longer fighter pilots, but modern Japanese Mecha pilots.

If they were actually coordinated, Luca wouldn't have rushed in without any back up, Klan wouldn't have had to wait for help from Michael and Alto when Bresra attacked her, Alto would have had support from Michael and Luca when Klan was trying to shoot him to metaphorical pieces, etc. etc.

Quote:
Now if you take this, and compare to Gundam, you will note the latter has almost no chatter between the pilots, beyond throwing out bits of philosophical statements and random death screams. I don't know how you can even compare the two and call Frontier's combat similar to that of Gundam.
I already explained what I meant with the comparison.

Quote:
Btw, the military in SDF Macross wasn't all that useful, given the show also focused on the elite status of the Skull and later, the Vermillion squadron.

- Tak
Sorry. I'm not sensing any elitism from them, even compared to other squadrons. Especially since Hikaru wasn't the only pilot decorated and promoted after Mars. They're doing a good job of portraying his squadron as just one of many, and we just so happen to see what happens with him and his squad, when the others do the same work, operate in shifts with his own, and mind their own portions of the battlefield.

Not like the bleeping SMS Skull Squadron that flies their precious and invincible (unless Alto's flying them) VF-25s.

Mercenary scum.