View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 08:51   Link #696
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Guns are inherently designed to deal out (possibly lethal) damage, and dealing death is also within the intended purpose. Again, that does not mean that it is "evil", but it is what it is. Comparing guns with cars or computers or a freaking vending machine (sorry, I have to stress this out because that's how silly I think of this) that can deal death outside their intended purpose just isn't fair.
They are still more dangerous than sharks.

Quote:
However, upon looking up the risks, I found that the comparison was correct. The yearly risk (in the United States) of dying from a shark attack is roughly 1 in 250 million. In contrast, the yearly risk of dying from a vending machine accident is roughly 1 in 112 million. The vending machine is indeed roughly twice as lethal as the shark!
So how can an inanimate object be more dangerous than a living predator! Regardless of inanimate or animate, purposed or not, anything that can be used as a tool can be just as deadly.

It is the user, not the tool that is at fault. Even the inventor of the AK-47 had stated that he intended for his gun to "protect the motherland", not for it to be copied and put in the hands of terrorists or robbers in North Hollywood.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote