View Single Post
Old 2008-12-03, 14:25   Link #18
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I wonder how much effect the whole "second-hand" fiasco had on the sale figures.
Probably next to none. There's reality, and then there's "2ch reality" (a.k.a. blogger reality). People on 2ch like to "rage" because it's an environment where you can act that way and be applauded for it. Bloggers like to play up "2ch reality" because it makes for good headlines and brings in the hits. But reality is much more mundane. You can't take 2ch rage at face value. (They'll act like it's such a huge travesty, and they'll still be first in line to pre-order...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Breaking the 10k barrier is still good and it will most likely "guarantee" a second season, but I was really expecting a bit more for the first week.
Any particular reason you were expecting better? I'd say this is a really good result for a late-night show from a slightly-less-well-known studio (i.e. not Kyoto Animation) on a first season. If this holds up for all 6 volumes, it'd definitely put them in the top 10% of all shows premiered in the last few years. So I imagine they're pleased. What were you comparing it to?
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote