View Single Post
Old 2011-06-11, 10:55   Link #91
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellomarie View Post
i one hundred precent agree with you.

there might be an element of trying to one-up jintan, it's obvious that yukiatsu is extremely insecure when it comes to him. however he's been nothing but genuine with her.

not to mention it's obvious he just wants to move on from menma (even though recent events are making it difficult) and anaru is slowly starting to realise jintan is a lost cause.

i like them together. they've got great chemistry and i don't think there are ulterior motives on yukiatsu's front. yukiatsu seemed to enjoy talking/flirting with anaru and vice versa.

as for those saying "why doesn't he just get with tsuruko, she's been by his side all this time!". idk, maybe he just doesn't see her in a romantic light? or is even attracted to her for that matter. personally, i don't see their relationship as romantic at all. there have been some hints to tsuruko's feelings might being something more but all of their interactions have been so...cold and platonic.

meanwhile, yukiatsu is laughing and smiling with anaru.
It's all Tsuruko's fault, she's the passive-aggressive type. I think it's plain as day that she likes him, but combined with her personality and his insane obsession with Menma, it's hard for anything to happen.

Jinta can't be a lost cause because er... Menma's dead? The events with ghost Menma will end soon, and he'll move on.

It's a matter of how the author is going to play out the future of these kids. I have a feeling that we'll have an epilogue at the last episode, showing what everyone is doing after the fact.