Thread: Binbougami ga!
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-30, 19:03   Link #48
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Read the first volume of this after hearing that the Gintama team was doing an adaptation for Sunrise and honestly it seems....pretty bad. I don't know, I just don't really see the humor in the whole hawt chick that has everything and just continues to get more of it because the universe all but bends over backward to give it to her. There's some gallows humor that reminds me a bit of Gintama and Momiji seems like a pretty amusing if over the top character, but Sakura would have to actually grow and learn something as a character to make this at all tolerable to any extent as an anime, but it looks like she's just getting everything to go her way regardless cause I guess that's supposed to be funny or something. Words cannot describe how much I hate her character archetype and the ineffectively used cynicism that typically goes behind it (I'm all for black humor and blunt portrayals of the way things are in life, but these characters always seem like they are their simply there for magical wish fulfillment and typically have poor development with regards to why the reader/viewer is supposed to like them) and I kind of have to wonder why the Gintama' team would seemingly get called off of the current season of that pretty awesome and funny show for something like this.