View Single Post
Old 2013-10-13, 12:20   Link #501
Crashmaking Zoomatic
Umu.

Honestly, I don't find it as strange of an addition. I think Rin is a far more compelling character in the anime, at this point, than in the game, where she came off a little -too- dense (and never seemed to get all that much better...). Rin is definitely jealous, but I think that's perfectly natural. I think that Rin always -has- loved Riki, but not in a romantic way because she doesn't get romance, and still doesn't. But even if she doesn't completely get it, I don't find it all that surprising that she's finding herself annoyed with Riki's affections for Kurugaya.

I don't even think -she- knows why she's annoyed, and I find that to be a very nice growth for her character. And as far as not being jealous of the other heroines, there was no overt 'let's get you to confess to ____' or any hints of affection from Riki's side. Rin wouldn't really catch any of the more subtle showings...

And as far as Refrain goes, even if she has leveled up a lot, Rin2's end will still show how easy it is to cut her back down to size, so regardless, she'll be brought back to the same level, so I don't mind. I think this is a good way to make Rin more of a -character-, since really, she got kind of shafted majorly in the game. Did she develop? Yeah...but she was still super clueless by the end of Refrain, so eh. Different strokes for different folks?