View Single Post
Old 2009-06-19, 21:13   Link #73
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I agree with Jan-Poo on a number of things -- inconclusive conclusion, for example -- but I thought that Akira being so depressed by being betrayed was a great touch. To me, it made him seem a deeper character. Of course, I find ideal heroes who can meet any challenge boring, lol.

As for izmosmolnar's list of interesting points, I'll just say:
  • Pantsu surviving was a disappointing illogicality but not beyond possibility
  • good point about what the NEETs were doing in Dubai; the NEET with the fiancee seemed to live in Toyosu, so it's reasonable he could be attracted by the commotion
  • the Supporter won't kill Akira if his actions as king lead to a better Japan
  • the Emperor is seen by everybody as a figurehead -- as opposed to how they saw him 70 years ago -- maybe that's why the king/emperor thing is not a disconnect.
  • I'm hoping he's getting his memories returned, not removed again; but this is one thing that I'm sure Kamiyama will have an interesting reason for, in six months' time.
In general, I think I agree with the critics that this was a good show that could have been much better, if some logical disconnects had been cleaned up, and more time had been spent with Saki and Akira developing their relationship. Leaving mysteries unsolved is okay by me, although solving a few more now rather than later would have been nice.

As Theowne put it: "...I think I expected a lot more from this series than what I got. I don't think the romance subplot was particularly well developed and the originally scattered plot did not end up feeling very cohesive/natural like it does in the best fiction of this type."

One thing about this show, it kept me coming back eagerly to watch each episode as soon as I could get my hands on it. And I'll do the same when the movie become available.

To tell the truth, just hearing Hayami Saori do such a great job was almost enough for me, lol. I've been following her since her debut, and it's gratifying to hear her keep getting better. I think she may have the most beautiful voice in anime (I'm speaking of sheer beauty, not skill or acting, in which she is good, but not the best).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.