Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (Xebec)
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-18, 13:00   Link #17
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
I honestly do not know what to think about this. On one hand moeified Nyarlathotep would cause Lovecraft to spin so fast in his grave the would dig all the way to the dreamlands. On the other hand its so insane it works way to well with Nyarlathotep. I just don't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
This was pretty much my thought on it too. Seems like something I might check out on a whim sometime, but I really don't know how to feel about it.
For the record there have been a few anime versions of this already, their titles were:

1. Haiyoru! Nyaruani ... which had nine 2 minute eps - often these can be found all bundled together in one file. This is the ONA, I believe.

2. Haiyoru! Nyaruani: Remember my Mr. Lovecraft ... which had eleven 5 minute eps officially, but had an extra ep added on towards the end (i.e. 12). This is the "official series season 1", I guess.

And what Xebec will be doing will be the "official series season 2", most likely.

These are based on a LN series ... a manga adaptation exists and I think there has been a drama cd released as well....

Anyhoo ... for those who did not know there is a thread on the shows that have aired which can be found HERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
...Small miracle Cthulhu itself wasn't moeified, I suppose.
Umm ... I hate to say this, but....

Let's see....Here is a pic of the "cast" from the 5 minute ep series:

From left to right we have the Lovecraft mythos deities: Nyarle (?), Cthulu, Nyarlathotep, Atlach-Nacha (?).

So ... umm ... yeah. They DID "moeify" Cthulu.

On other fronts one of the reasons why I like this story is precisely because it pokes fun at Lovecraft's stories.