Thread: Akb48
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-28, 01:00   Link #136
Undertaker

Damn, they actually did 12 songs?!! Now I'm really regret for planned that oversea trip of mine way too early. With this type of event, I'd thought they'd sing like 5-6 songs max. Not to mention it it includes rare ones like Bird and Sakura no Hanabiratachi that you only get to see in a full concert or the yearly AX.

But happy to know their fan also grows in U.S. maybe NYC48 or LA48 is not far off...

As for Washington Post, went to check. The got Sae and Akicha mixed up in their gallery.

And yeah, the article is condescending.

I don't have problem with them saying that the group's main target crowd is male or even otaku because that is truth. But they should also mention that at this time are are appealing to all age group from 3 year old to 60 years old. And they did more in relief effort than majority of other organization in Japan as well. They are now at a level and referred to as National Idols.

There really is no need the phrase it the way they did. It's like saying don't get fool by Halle Berry or Natalie Portman's acting, they are really just two hot piece of a@@ that is flirting with male movie goers. Come on...