Thread: Skirts
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-24, 12:42   Link #126
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
*Looks at this thread in a business suit as her secretaries work in office lady type clothing*

Hmmmm..... I am sometimes conflicted: Pants or skirts for my secretaries?
I suppose the obligatory answer is "let them choose what they wear as long as it is business-appropriate"? Unless, of course, the company has everyone wear the same company-logo'd uniform jumpsuits or something ...

I tend to start getting cranky when companies spend much energy on trying to dictate what employees wear.
------------
Ah, another reason my wife doesn't wear skirts very often is that the people in charge of air conditioning where she works are incompetent. She either gets "freezing" or "sweltering" at random times of the year Her boss's office is so cold they plugged in a floor heater to compensate for the forced-air cooling.

We both find the "short skirt" topic amusing when the skirts in question go all the way down to the mid-thigh. Flashback to 1974 when the skirts were so short it took extraordinary skill to crouch down to pick something up and they assigned all the higher lockers to girls so they wouldn't have to bend down. Silly times... but the leg appreciation during class change was stellar.

The hilarity was that *shorts* were forbidden and jeans, omg, jeans were the fruit of the devil to the administrators. Wife-unit came to school one day in jeans because the student council was doing some construction work for a festival -- Ms. 4.0GPA, studentcouncil VP got sent home to change so she came back in the shortest miniskirt she had. The principal thought "that looks just fine". She called him a pervert as she stomped back to work and we got to hear much more colorful terms as we worked on the displays.