View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 08:05   Link #2033
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
If Romney gets elected, we could see things like people protesting in Washington. I just suspect it more if Obama gets elected because the real extreme anti-Obama people seem like they are more likely to act on their feelings of protest. And also, with the extreme anti-Obama people, they are running on high emotions fueled by racism. To be someone who is extremely anti-Obama, you figure they gotta be racist for most of them. I mean, when Obama first got elected, look at how people reacted. The Tea Party formed. Why? Why did they have such a strong reaction to Obama being elected? A significant amount of that reaction was based in racism. And look at how some people will never give Obama a break, or give him any credit for anything good he has done. The race card, once again. Obama ain't perfect, but I don't see him as that bad. He doesn't deserve all the hate and flak he gets. It is the level of hate and flak that'd I'd expect Romney to get, only that I'm sure he'll deserve it. I'm sure Romney would be a very bad president.

And I can see it now, if Romney gets elected, all the people going batshit angry over all his missteps, we are only gonna hear from the anti-Obama people, time and again "You guys said we were always too hard on Obama, now you guys are gonna come down hard on Romney?". But like I said, I definitely expect Romney to be a worse president.
I just can't bring myself to think in those terms cause I think those lines of reasoning are just too simple and too convenient. While I won't dismiss that bias plays a role, it's not the driving force for why people are so anti-Obama. Memory is fleeting which is why a lot of people don't bring up how much Clinton was hated by certain faction of the Republican party who were just as batshit crazy or angy or extreme. You should be able to look it up and verify many such instances and examples of open disdain shown toward him.

As for the Tea Party's formation, it was long coming. When Obama was elected, the urgency to form one became even more because Corporate America fears him. Here is one such example of why they fear him:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This is a opinion piece he gives in 1998 as a young senator from Illinois. The idea behind Tea Party, however, was conceived long before it by guys like Ron Paul who always believed in smaller Federal government. Tea Party also incorporated other ideas such as the fear of uncontrollable debt which would lead to the same path as so many countries in Europe, or ideas such as how US influence is dwindling to rising economic powerhouse such as China, a communist country. And these ideas keep piling on to widen the base to make Tea Party a movement. A lot of blacks, asians, hispanic, along with the whites are in Tea Party. Obama is getting a lot flack because some people fear him for what he believes in rather than his higher level of melanin in his skin.

Ask yourself this... would you go riot/demonstrate/dance-on-a-burning-car-in-your-speedo if Romney is elected? If you answer yes, then your fear of seeing demonstration/riot after a Obama victory isn't too far fetched. If you answer no, then you should ask yourself, what are the reasons why you wouldn't go riot or engage in other disruptive behavior such as dancing on a burning car in your speedo? People tend to forget that extremism exist on both sides, but fortunately their number is also a very small one. It's very easy to tune them out.

The real threat is the possibility of good/rational people such as yourself (which outnumbers the extreme by a huge margin) letting or allowing powerful interest to sway your opinion/understanding in a certain way through fear that prevented you to be yourself, the intelligent and rational being you normally are. Have faith in yourself. And have faith in others even if they don't share the same views as you. I apologize ahead as I realize how lecturish my post sound, so to amend I posted a link to a video in the following that I know you will enjoy. I also have a feeling it will ease your worries a whole lot:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...ing-blame-game

They sound strikingly similar, don't they?