Thread: Licensed Sankarea (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-16, 20:25   Link #279
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It's definitely possessive, no argument there. I didn't mean he wanted to make her rich and powerful, technically she already is, being the daughter of a successful family. What I meant was that he has built up this perfect image of who she should be in his mind, and that includes planning her entire life without considering her feelings. It's sort of a "father knows best" taken to a very unhealthy extreme. It's a bit like the parents who live vicariously through their children, in principle, since the parents regard their children's desires to be their own person as unimportant compared to their own desires. I think all parents do this to some degree, but there are some who can't accept that their child is growing out of the life created for them into a life of their own making.
That might make sense if he were actually giving her anything, rather than just taking stuff away. All he's granting her is "her father's love"; he's not even considering that she (or he, vicariously) might want anything else. He's not making any decisions for her, he's just locking her in a cage.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote