View Single Post
Old 2010-05-24, 17:17   Link #1571
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

It's not not I don't read any classics, it's just that I'm more interested in current works. (But I do intend to take a look at some of the more famous older works this summer though.)

Anyway, I've finished translating the color pages! (I know, fast, but there really wasn't much to translate in the first place.) First up is that cover page that shows Gino in the corner (Where he should remain, thank you very much):

Quote:
少年に忍び寄り “宿命”の足音――
The footsteps of “fate” which creep towards this boy—

「ギアス」の“序章”が 遂に開幕!!
The curtain is raised upon this “prologue” to Geass!!
Be warned, though, that this translation, as well as the next, are not my most confident works; there's some room for error here.

And now, that first color page of the new manga, with the supposedly "Gate of Hell" in the background! (Sorry if it doesn't make the best of sense; as I've said, translating manga has always been a problem for me. Partly because it's so HARD to tell when a line of text becomes one or two (or even three) sentences.)

Quote:
人は己が何者なのかを知りたがる
People want to understand what kind of person they are.

知るためには絶対的なる基準が必要だ
To know this, standards that are absolute are necessary.

基準なき判断は存在しない なら その基準は誰が作るのか
A judgement without standards does not exist. If that is the case, who decides these standards?

何によって それらは必要とされるのか
What are they necessary for?
That's all I have for now, though I recommend waiting for a proper and professional translation on the last one; it's just a rough estimate, at best.

Next I'm going to be doing the character list, which seems to be quite easy in term of translation. I should have that one out sometime tonight or tomorrow. (Though the other, better translators out there might beat me to it. )
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote