View Single Post
Old 2011-07-17, 20:34   Link #381
larethian

actually, there is no right or wrong to opinions. everyone is entitled to theirs. >_<.

for me, everything about the adaptation is good (animation, designs, action, music), but the story telling could have been better weaved if not for the fact they want to end this at volume 4. I'm constantly thinking in the perspective of anime-only watchers, and gone through some comments on other sites and boards, that's why I said what I said; many of the stayers are in fact those who have read the novel or have watched Denyuuden, and are staying despite the mass confusion. I rather they do Hinata and Mirai's backstory in sequential order for build-up purposes.

One of Kagami's strengths is in characterizations. Unfortunately that is totally lost in the anime. The behavior of the characters are quite incomprehensible. Sure, the back-stories could be done later, but the build-up effect in the action scenes would have been lost IMHO. I actually thought denyuuden adaptation to be better, except for the last 6, 7 episodes (and of course the first), even though Itsuten's animation seems better. If one is looking for purely shounen action, I guess the episode is really good. but I'm more of a character and plot person. cutting out stuff or re-engineering scenes has never been a problem for me (notice how I always defend JC staff - well not always, but often), but characterization and plot butchering is. that's why I'm pretty committed to working on both series, though I know not how long I will take >_<.

In fact, I rather they just do 3 volumes, and bring in some of the short stories from the seitokaishitsu series, add some fan-service to the short stories so that the otakus will buy the BDs so that we can get a 2nd season. Then they can end at volume 3 with a cliffhanger. Yeah well, maybe with how Denyuuden performed in sales, they can't get a 2nd season confirmed for Itsuten, so they went for 4 volumes instead, but still it sucks especially the pages of the 4 volumes are as follows: ~350, ~300, ~300, ~470

(*and I'm very surprised that our reclusive Big Boss has posted *)
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote