View Single Post
Old 2011-11-30, 18:44   Link #248
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElricKeyblade View Post
...Why would Sola have to be with Lancer, when Lancer doesn't even like her that way ?

Another thing is that it seems to me that you keep arguing that Sola is doing the sensible thing by taking Kayneth's command spells to continue the Holy Grail War. Yes, I agree that it was sensible of her- if that was her intention in the first place. I think it's been implied already that her main motivation for getting those command spells was to get Diarmuid's attention. Don't believe me? Try reading the novels, especially...the third one, I think. (I can't say anymore because I don't know if certain spoilers are allowed on this thread.)
I did read the novels. All of them.

First, did you miss my previous points? I said there that Sola's suggestion was logical and sensible since they are in the middle of a dangerous war, but her motivations were wrong.

I said also that Kayneth's overreaction was motivated by the same illogical trail of thinking: unrequited love & magi bs upbringing.

When people are ooh poor Kayneth, he lost it all! Never stop thinking, Sola never had anything in her life - until now. Sorry, but it had to be said.

Quote:
And yes yes, I agree that Sola wasn't born in the most comfortable of positions in life. But think of it this way- she could've gotten far, far worse. She could've ended up with a fiancee who didn't care for her at all, and actually DID treat her like a piece of meat. But no, she ended up with someone who really did love her.
Kayneth could have ended in a worse situation too. Sola could have twisted more than one finger. Or command Lancer to forget about him to love her instead. Kayneth didn't raise her either, she was broken emotionally before the engagement.

Lancer should have been thankful too! He could have ended up with a worse Master than Sola, who didn't care about his well-being at all. And treat him like a tool, like oh, Kayneth, but it's his choice too. Speaking of that, how couldn't Kayneth be thankful about his loyal servant! He could have ended up who actually badmouths him and smacks him silly! But no, he had one with unquestionable loyalty.

Does this matter? No, because it's not about to be happy with what they had in the worst circumstances, but what they want to be happy.

Quote:
Now, I'm not saying that she was obligated to love him back, but I really, really don't like how she's forcing her feelings onto Diarmuid. All the poor guy wants to do is be able to serve his master and not have the past repeat itself. Yeah...Sola's actions DEFINITELY will end well for him. [/sarcasm]
How is she "forcing her feelings" right now? He's not the one engaged to Sola, is he?

And man, that Diarmuid, why is he forcing his feelings of fealty to Kayneth when they are completely unwanted.

Yeah, no. Re-read the novels if you believe her actions alone are going to unleash a happy outcome. This is what annoys me for the bashers, they're unable to realize the combined effort of Kayneth's blind jealousy/sense of loss, Sola's blind love/sense of want (and their combined disgusting magi upbring) PLUS Lancer's blind loyalty/fear of repeating the past against common sense is what together weaved into bad news.

The men are entirely blameless. I wonder why. [/sarcasm]

I only like Lancer of the trio and I think his actions to handle this are beyond idiotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
That's why I don't judge Sola for what she did to Kayneth. She had her reason and excuses that are understandable. And that's also why I accept and understand that people would see her as cruel or unfaithful too. Each of us has their own value or view, so I think people will always view and interpret the scene differently, regardless of circumstances.
I get that. The marvelous example above is why I defend her. Even if she's one of my least favorite characters in the story (but Kayneth is so much worse).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2011-11-30 at 19:11.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote