View Single Post
Old 2008-08-09, 00:05   Link #738
poptart
come tess me now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
I think I know what you're getting at...

And the anime is behind the manga. Every character in the anime is weaker than the manga version simply because the manga is in "the future". It don't have anything to do with being an anime original or not.
that doesnt make any sense... you cant say that the anime has its own continuity then say the reason none of the filler characters are stronger than the real characters is because its behind in the manga

Quote:
That don't matter. The Bount arc is part of normal anime continuity, like it or not. If it wasn't, the modsoul trio wouldn't exist after it ended, nor would Kariya be in Ichigo's daydream sequence when he was in hollow mode.
i really think it should matter... whenever you have to dumb something down to make it work, it just seems trite and well... dumb.

as for the trio i dont mind them sticking around as they are pretty much forgettable in there uselessness in the storyline... nothing like stuff animal comic relief D:

and that other guy.... well... i forgot all about him so i really cant comment on him. sorry *shrugs* i just remember saying "who the hell is that" when i saw him.

Quote:
You simply don't know that. Or am I missing an official announcement proving your claim?
mmm... true... that obviously was me speaking as the mouth piece of kubo

let me rephrase that... i HOPE TO GOD they dont ever revel a new power in the fillers as i dont want to stab my eye out with the USB cord

Quote:
The anime originals bring plenty to the table... namely their own storyline. There's nothing that states that they must follow these imaginary rules you're spewing out.
their own storyline so far has been the same storylines as before in terms of character development and power ups. making them useless to me. at least with the orginal story fluff pieces i learn something new about the character. cant say the same about the fillers

Quote:
What they're "meant" for is completely irrelevant. Enjoy them or dislike them for their content.
how is what they are meant for irrelevant?? if a story was meant to make me laugh but it doesnt... that seems pretty relevant. if a story was just thrown in to fill space and isnt meant to be taken so seriously... that seems pretty relevant.

there "content" is what i have a problem with as 9/10 times i'm bored to tears looking at bastardized versions of characters i like and luke warm, watered down plots that are failed to go no where because they cant do anything to change the original storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Ok I'm an outsider to this debate, so maybe I just don't get this, but how does it matter if they're stronger or not? This is an action anime right? As long as the action is entertaining, does it really matter who's stronger?
you do know that by nature of it being a fighting anime somebody has to be stronger...

and for it to be a good fighting anime they should at least be significantly stronger than the opponent for the journey to get better and stronger to be interesting.

though if all you are looking for is people punching stuff then i guess that doesnt matter *shrugs*

Quote:
There are plenty of anime series out there that large parts of don't advance to storyline or lead to character development, but those parts appeared in the manga as well. Would these count as filler episodes? What about episodes in these filler arcs that develop original characters or advance the plot within the arc? Are they really fillers?
how do define develop? to me i see development as add a NEW layer to the character either by showing a side previously not shown be it a softer side, a humorous side, dark side etc. or by expanding on old information with NEW information, like rounding out how a scar was recieved or how a relationship fell apart that somehow ties back into the story to advance the plot line

not random, matsumoto likes to shop or yumichika likes tasty cakes

not making ishida into some emo "head bandge ofnobody understands" wearing love struck fool that conflicts completely with his character development so far. or making renji into some bumbling idiot in an attempt to up the comedy.

Quote:
I'd think they intend them to be somewhat entertaining as well. Just enjoy it for what it is.
i dont enjoy them because of what they are... short of the hitsugaya soccer episode (because i love Paku and Rie together) and the kendo one (cause i love when ikkaku is screaming and hitting things) i have yet to enjoy any of them... and so i dont watch them for the most part. i tune in when i think my favorite seiyuu or character will have a big part and then go back to waiting for the real story to start up again.