View Single Post
Old 2007-06-23, 22:46   Link #309
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Anyway my first complaint is that Teresa's was completely out of character. She's supposed to be #1. She didn't get to that point by baking cookies. She got there because she proved herself. Yet all that went to shame when she surpressed her powers, to deliver the final blow. Any Claymore with enough experience would know that one so close to the limit could change at any moment. And yet Teresa treated it as if she was just putting a dog out. An act that was not befitting of her #1 status.
It's possible, and quite likely, that she'd never witnessed an awakening before. Theresa has a soft heart, and she seemed to take pity on Priscilla.
Also, her Youki radar was overloaded, meaning she couldn't "see" Priscilla grab the sword. It was indeed foolish, though not as ridiculous or out-of-character as you make it sound.

Quote:
My second complaint is why in the heck did the Org. send Priscilla out on a critical mission, she was a rookie. Any idiot knows it doesn't matter how powerful you are if you don't have the experience to back it up, and Priscilla was prime proof of that. Personally I hope that the Org. is the final enemy of the story, they chose to risk an awakening to save face, something I find absolutely appalling I know, I know, though, the explanation: Plot Device.
How do you teach a kid to swim? Throw him in the deep end and he'll learn how to swim as he's drowning. The organization isn't known for its compassion, so they probably figured that the worst-case-scenario would just be Priscilla losing her head in a more literal fashion. Even Irene remarked that she forgot Priscilla was just a child, so it's not that far out that the organization did, too.