View Single Post
Old 2008-04-11, 14:01   Link #39
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

It's nice to see generally really positive feedback about the first episode - I was likely going to watch this anyway because the animation had a nice vibe - and that I've such a weakness for Sawashiro Miyuki (the female role here will make a nice addition to her central male role over in Kure-nai). And of course the draw of Inoue Marina playing a tomboy.

I suppose the premise sounds a bit goofy on paper, but I definitely agree with Asamidori that this has relevant context, concerning Japanese (and global) media politics. And I actually think that could be v deliberate. This might not necessarily be an obvious, 'dystopian' anime world, but it could make some subtle parallels with our own endless problems concerning censorship, social propaganda and information hierarchy. It's kind of fitting that this anime may have a strong 'absurdist' style.

Anyway I think they could do a lot with it - and with the added character mysteries, romance and angst, I'm sort of surprised/disappointed this will only be 12 episodes.
Diodati is offline   Reply With Quote