Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-12, 21:51   Link #2234
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathreape98 View Post
Anybody here mind telling me why people feel that dating as teenagers is necessary? No matter which angle I look at it from, save one, I can only see it as pointless. Anybody want to share their thoughts?
It depends really. Experience is important, and I don't mean sex.

You learn to pick a proper spouse by dating multiple people. There are cases where a person is lucky to find that special someone quickly and live happily ever after, but that isn't the case for the rest of us.

There are some people who always have a girlfriend/boyfriend, always. Those people become dependent upon the person and tend to not grow as an individual as others who were single for some time. I can think of a few kids, five years after graduating mind you, who always had someone, always. And once they broke up and didn't have anyone, they had it rough.

There are then some people who never have a girlfriend/boyfriend, or at least not a steady one. These people may grow as an individual but do not learn the necessary skills in dealing with the opposite sex. Then when they enter college they find themselves in awkward situations that their peers may be able to handle with ease.

I found this out from experience, I have never had a girlfriend in my 23 years, there have been girls, but never a steady girlfriend. This is now coming back to haunt me to a degree, but one reason I never had a girlfriend is because I'm too damn picky (whether its an excuse or not get a girlfriend, well.. I'll ask a shrink one day, lol).

Unfortunately in this day and age sex is a big factor. And sex may not necessarily mean insert and thrust, but simple kissing too. Some people put high value on such skills and its unfortunate in many ways. I am still a virgin and would like to have a virgin girlfriend to experience everything together, for the first time (plus I hate the thought of another guy touching her).

In conclusion (what is this, a school essay, lol), there are both pros and cons. I think its best to have had one steady relationship by the end of high school. Dating too young isn't always good and there are many reasons for that (relationship hinder schoolwork and other important activities/stupid kids get pregnant).

So, if you have read all of that, I congratulate you. I never intended to write so much but it just came out.