View Single Post
Old 2011-05-21, 11:03   Link #2680
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

The Chie Kajiura (singing voice for Mylene) concert tonight was pretty damn good. It's clear she was in a mellow, moody kind of vibe...the only peppy show-stoppers she did were "Ready GO" and "PLASTICS." Apart from that, it was mostly a mix of Chie solo songs (old and new), with a relatively small number of Macross songs (apart from the previously mentioned duo, she did "Pillow Dream" and "Kimi ni Todoke," which give a good sense of the overall pace of the show.

She also did not one, but TWO Kate Bush covers: "Feel It" (which she did the last time I saw her) and "Rubberband Girl" (which I thought was an exceedingly odd choice, but Chie and her band nailed it).

After the show was over, they announced that Chie would be manning the merchandise table, and collecting money for the Tohoku Quake victims. As such, I bought some buttons, and then got to shake her hand (which, yes, means I've finally met both Mylenes...'bout time, considering my Macross World name...)...I also told her I'd love to her her do a Kate Bush cover album. She said she'd love to, but that her English is no good (not true).

But BEFORE she helmed the store, she and the guitarist came out and stood next to the bar, and did a beautiful, quiet performance of "Friends ~Jikuu o Koete~." It was really damn awesome.

I got to snap some photos before the guy next to me tapped me on the arm and gestured for me to stop...as soon as I can get them on my computer, I'll put them up.

But yeah...again, damn good show. And Chie did enough new songs that I certainly hope an album is in the works.