View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 12:06   Link #10301
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
OK, I understand that if Rogue and Gajeel wanted to fight they would try to meet each other. Same goes for others. BUT the only one who decides everything is Mashima. And In my opininon it would be better not to stick with the plan. Come on, these fights were foreshadowed like weeks ago. Why not to make another twist and surprise everybody?
Was Juvia/Cheria forshadowed? Who has Jura been forshadowed to fight? What about Sting? Natsu isn't here, after all. Not everything has been foreshadowed and we still have plenty of time for twists.

But you'll have to accept that foreshadowing is a valid story tactic. And it is common for those that have histories or certain propensities, to end up clashing in the finals battles. Shonen in particular, is renowned for this.

Did you have a problem with Gray fighting Juvia in the Phantom arc? Did you have a problem with Natsu fighting the fire guy in the Phantom arc? Did you have a problem with Gray and Lyon fighting in the Galuna island arc? Did you have a problem with Erza fighting Jellal in the Heaven's tower arc? I could go on, but you've seen this all before. The main protagonist is gonna fight the main villain... do you have a problem with that? Would you prefer a "twist" when Wendy fights Zeref alone and wins?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote