Thread: Licensed Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora
View Single Post
Old 2007-01-08, 01:35   Link #77
dojikyo

I'm not a big fan of the opening or ending music. Bland elevator music doesn't work with a character getting stabbed.

Supposedly, Kannazuki no Miko manga ended after only 14 chapters. I guess yuri couples don't win over hetero couples, even with men. Must be some fear of women not needing men or not wanting men. Which makes me think this series will have a more traditional love triangle.

On the series itself. Most of the characters are derived from other works. Mostly KnM but one of the blond females' appearance is derived from UFO Valkryie. After Mai Otome and Tsubasa Chronicle, I'm sort of getting used to it so ... meh. The mech designs and combat sequences seem a step up but it isn't anything to write home about. Yeah, I'm disappointed that the main character is a bisexual female in a love triangle but oh well. More upsetting is the bland nature of this episode. Although the shirt tearing scene and the white horse were pretty laughably bad, they weren't as funny as the deliciously ironic ending~closing sequence that KnM had.

I'll still tag along a little bit longer, since Kannazuki no Miko is a guilty pleasure of mine and it is only the first episode. Hopefully, this series turn will get laughably bad or actually turn good later on.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote