View Single Post
Old 2004-05-03, 18:14   Link #20
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

I'd like to get rid of it completely, but at the very least get the post count out from under the ava. I've seen a couple new members and in just a few days, their count is absurdly high. I mean, I had a burning question and that is why I became a member (to ask it-"why was Gaara's sand so easily countered by Gai"-feels like yesterday eh?) and I understand how especially the younger members can get excited and all and have fun here, but it DOES appear that one reason they may feel they ought to is to promote his/her post count. I wasn't even aware we all had one until someone mentioned to me, and even today I'm like so what. (That means WHO CARES, as in I DON'T CARE) I'd like to kinda know how long a members been on this forum seeing as the dates are kinda messed up because of the great forum crash. However for the most part I know "who knows" what they are talking about and etc...

I actually would find it more helpful if I know where a member hangs and posts more often. I know there is a way to find out, but that kinda of info would be helpful under the Ava. Like General Chat, OP, Naruto etc... kinda gives me a feel of what they like so if they are new I know not to assume they would know this or that.

My vote is get the post count off completely, with under thier profile second.

I understand that new members may be excited to post and such, but I don't feel that some understand that it is ANNOYING if, say, they feel that he/she should comment about every reply one see's, especially if everyone else posted the same sort of reply. There is clearly a line between excite/enthusiatic and Post Whoring.

If anyone feels I've been one they should PM me, as I'm always open to hearing others opinions. *doesn't mean I'll take all suggestions, but I'll listen*