Old 2009-08-13, 02:32   Link #115
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiotu View Post
First off let me say that the comparison between English and Japanese voice tracks I'll always find a little silly. They're not done the same, they're not translated the same, their importance in pop culture is ENTIRELY different... like one better than the other, but comparisons are pointless.

My thoughts on the voice talent as a whole:

Steve Blum - Awesome. Not since Jamie in Megas XLR have I seen him portray such an Anti-Steve-Blum role. I swear he does this sometimes just to screw with his fanbase.

Yuri and Johnny playing rivals again. The two work well together, and I respect them both heavily as actors. Though I'd like to see these two do separate work on occasion.

I was a bit concerned when I saw that Donatello the Ninja Turtle was portraying Viral, but he performed admirably. One of the better jobs in the series.

Yuri and Kyle were perfect for Simon and Kamina, respectively. If you're going to have two main characters that scream half their lines, you better get actors that are used to it. Kyle's Dragon Ball Z experience came in handy here.
I agree completely. Especially with Steve Blum. When I heard his lispy Leeron voice for the first time it blew me away. It's probably the strangest performance of his I've ever heard.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------