View Single Post
Old 2012-07-15, 08:37   Link #25
Imba

Actually I would not mind if I was stuck in a world such as that in SAO, even if my life could be in danger. Given the choice I would probably take part in such game willingly and maybe even be happy about it

1. First of all I would try forming small and very dependable, thrust-worthy party, maybe 3 members tops and that is including me. This ofc is way easier said than done, so I might end up alone. The only thing staying alone will alter in my overall strategy is that I would have to be extra careful with its next parts.

1,5. Practice and figure out all skills that are in my disposal from the start and as I learn them. Know myself perfectly and in every way.

2. I will start leveling and gathering materials/gear, using my extensive gaming experience and learning from the experiences and mistakes of other players in the current game to gain every single advantage possible, no matter how tiny it is.

3. Carefully plan how I use my resources, provisions and materials.

4. I will be choosing my battles extremely carefully. Not throwing myself into battle that is impossible to win, yet looking for battle with good risk/reward ratio. Knowing myself, I would also try to take down extra hard opponents that would push me to my limit and above if the reward is good enough and I think I can survive.

5. Plan every battle and every possible situation extensively, taking into consideration best and worse than worst case scenarios. I actually do that in real life and am rarely surprised by anything. Ofc in such a game I will do this way more and be much more serious about it.

6. (I am assuming the game is free to PK). I will never try to PK except in self-defense, it is against my morals. That being said I will not hesitate to defend myself with lethal force if needed. However I would like to avoid such conflict and thus will be extremely careful with every other player around me, to some extent even with my party if I form one.

7. Normally rpg`s have static worlds, they can change by themselves to some extent, but they are static in their entirety. However this game would have a human game master who is like a god in this world and can most certainly manipulate it at will. I will always keep that in mind. It means that unexpected situations should be expected and planed for, it means that a combat easy or opponent withing my skill level could turn into a death battle, it means so many things it would take a whole thread just to try to cover them.

8. I will be extra careful regarding traps, be it in dungeons or the over-world, hell even in the city areas.

9. Always know as much as possible about my enemy. I will also try to make the most of the fact that I read The Art of War, without going out of my way to follow the book.

10. Never take information gathered from someone else as completely or even remotely true.

11. I would help random someone in need, but I would try to do that only if I know I can make a difference and get away with it. Throwing myself in a fight against an impossible enemy for a complete stranger is not something that I would do, tho I know I will not be pleased with myself at all.

So basically I will play the hell out of the game, and will have the time of my life. I also believe that thru battle and life/death situations is the best if not the only way to meet TRUE friends, so if I survive the game, my real life friends may grow in number which is always good.
Imba is offline   Reply With Quote