View Single Post
Old 2013-03-25, 22:08   Link #2756
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
To me ViVid didn't have anywhere to go and nothing to say right out the bat. Then it went in an odd, boring, non impressive, sterile "story" fill with too many characters that act like almost the same in general and have no real interesting interactions. So everything was really going down to me and right now the story doesn't exist, the characters are bland and everything is just so boring despite the action they try to fit in.
Well, you're not going to find anything new or shiny for the most part in ViVid. Perhaps the only real thinking outside the box I've seen is having Vivio get completely trashed and bounced from the tournament all her friends are still blowing through. The manga is still only 40-something chapters long with 36 translated at the moment. It still has a chance to turn into something pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
There may also be something about letting 10 year olds beat the shit out of each other with their bare fists... Miura is only 12, so still pretty young, but she looks rather boyish unlike Vivio and Einhart with their long hair.
It's not really much different from most shounen action series in that regard. Heck, Naruto has them going out as soldiers to kill or be killed.