View Single Post
Old 2004-01-24, 04:44   Link #24
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Actually, you're right on the money...

Spoiler:

I have not watched AniKraze's fansub of the episode yet, so I don't know how in-depth they got with their notes or anything, but there's quite a few references in episode 2 that refer to a set of Novels that were released in Japan as a prequel to the OVA series, titled "Shin Tenchi Muyo". (Popular translation: "True Tenchi Muyo", though it's also been translated as "The World of Tenchi Muyo" or "Tenchi Muyo in the World". I haven't looked into doing any translations of those texts, so I am not sure which is more accurate.)

In any case, if you want more info on the references, check out the FoT version of the episode, which we'll be releasing within the week. We're really close to being finished, all that's left is timing, encoding, and quality control... so needless to say, it's a little frustrating to have someone beat us to the punch

Not too worried about it though.

(Heh, just found out as I was posting this that they released it as a Matroska file again... I can't even watch that on my computer :P Too slow a machine hehe)
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote