View Single Post
Old 2012-08-03, 21:19   Link #29916
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
Not forced in the sense that someone is pointing a gun at him but forced in the sense that if he does this or doesn't do that he'll break up the logic he had in mind at the moment (and that might have undergone under further changes by the time Umineko ended).
I wouldn't call any of that being "forced" to do anything.
He changed his mind, that's all. For whatever reason is anyone's guess, but he obviously decided it was okay for all the stakes to not be used. After all, you have a 50/50 rate for "all stakes" vs. "some stakes" in EP1-4. And they're barely even a thing in Chiru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
As we don't really know what happened behind the scenes I don't know if Shannon really had control of everything, if she killed everyone according to how it was shown, if no one tried to take control of her own game, if everything went according to plan and there were no mistakes.

I won't say something happened, just that I can't prove something didn't happen.

The truth is in a cat box and we're given no hints to look at it. Even Will, when talking about Ep 4, merely insisted it was all <i>Illusions to illusions. ......Tales woven by the gold truth return to illusions.</i>
Will's vague solutions just mean that there are a crapton of arguments that could work, because there is BARELY a witch's illusion to solve, anyway.
We know that Shannon had access to a gun up until the moment she died. George, Kumasawa, and Godha were killed on the very first night. Jessica and Kyrie make some phone calls very heavily implied to be coerced.

The specifics are a blank space, yes, but c'mon - the corpses in the dining room? Maria being poisoned? Shannon clearly having the time and space necessary to change clothes, get drunk, and troll Battler after (at least one or two) murders had DEFINITELY occured? I'm not saying she always maintained a perfect control - hell, we can possibly say a group tried to oppose her, or run away, or something, but there really doesn't seem to be much room for other people to be reasonably accused of wrong-doings, there. Almost no actual tricks were used, aside from "Well it's not like Battler will know the difference when he gets here."
[/QUOTE]
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote