View Single Post
Old 2009-08-02, 04:30   Link #105
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
I'm failing to understand what the problem with Welkin is. Calling him a social retard is a joke, he gets on well with everyone and the problem that has arisen is becuse he doesn't want to lose his friends. To me there seems little difference in his game and anime personality and perhaps the problems you guys are bringing up is just because the anime is making any Alicia x Welkin development a more bumpy ride and adding a bit more drama to it. If it was straight forward and less dramatized they would have to focus on the battles a lot more which really lack enough depth to maintain a series for 26 episodes.
Red card, pal!

Have you watched the same stuff as we did? As I wrote in the episode 18 thread, these foolish writers are overexposing Faldio for nothing (except making all his fangirls getting wet over him) at the total expense of Welkin's character who has gone downhill a huge lot compared to his game counterpart. There's a difference between adapting material to make anime and changing all things for the worse.

Watch all episodes over and over again, and you'll see the kind of grotesque spineless wimp he has become while Welkin from the game had more than enough to stand for himself on every ground. If you wanted drama with the love triangle, better it would have been if Welkin remained as he was in the game while Faldio gets jealous to the point of straining their friendship little by little and finally betraying Welkin out of jealousy.

Should the scriptwriter from the original game was given full authority as they did for Final Fantasy VII (game + Advent Children), there's no way we'd have trouble with Welkin's character as much as for everything else around.