View Single Post
Old 2012-02-03, 02:01   Link #78
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Finally had time to watch. I think my Groundhog Day idea just got thrown out but a few things I notice:

1. On the assumption that Mei is just a regular girl, mortal, not some long living pseudo-spiritual being and the like and is the same age as everyone else, then it stands to reason that whatever misfortune the class assigns to her as her fault, it must have happened VERY recently, when they became Class 3, just before Sakakibara arrived, and most likely involved with her eye. Knowing what this was seems to be very important to the mystery, because it is becoming very similar to Sakakibara's current condition.

2. The way the class treated Sakakibara after they began to suspect him suggests that perhaps at some point, this was also the way they treated Mei, because it feels highly likely that the events surrounding Sakakibara may have been the same for Mei when it was her turn in the past. As such, Mei must have at some point been inquiring into the situation beyond what the class deemed as acceptable, and then deaths began appearing like in Sakakibara's case, and the way they treat her now is the "countermeasure". At some point the ignoring existence treatment might be given to Sakakibara if the events continue.

3. Following 1 and 2, then Mei and Sakakibara share something very much in common: both are being blamed to be at the center to these occurrences. Thing is, if Sakakibara isn't the cause of these deaths in some form, then perhaps Mei is simply suffering the same blame game Sakakibara is. Maybe she isn't the cause of the deaths after all. The difference being that Mei has simply given up and accepted her ostracized school life. In the end both are being blamed for events not entirely their fault. At the same time however I don't think it's coincidence. The existence of Sakakibara and Mei are intrinsically tied to the events, even if it isn't their fault, and also suggests that both of them have a very closely tied history that the two of them might not even fully realize. Their bond goes deeper than is apparent.