View Single Post
Old 2013-07-04, 01:42   Link #36
White Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
Have any of you ever noticed if you westernize the d.'s names that is put the family names last you get Luffy d. Monkey ? Some how I don't think this is unitentional.

Garp D. Monkey
Luffy D. Monkey
Dragon D. Monkey
Saul D. Jaguar
Teach D. Marshall
Roger D. Gol (roger the goal)

So on ace's name what the heck is a portgas?
In Japanese culture, they use their last name first, followed by first. So Monkey D. Luffy, is the Japanese way of saying Luffy D. Monkey. Which is why they call him Luffy, not Monkey. Second of all If you haven't been keeping up: Luffy's Bloodline is as follows:
Spoiler:

As for Theories of the "D". NOTE This is NOT a spoiler, It's a theory I just used a spoiler tag to keep my post a little neater.

Spoiler:
This is my theory, although I do have many other plausible theories. But after The White Beard Arc when WB is saying his finals words before his death.

In context I think he refers to Luffy, being the one to carry on Ace's will someday. (If you remember the episode then you know the camera is shown to find and follow Luffy when WB say's someone will carry the will someday. Carrying on...

WhiteBeard's Final Words (That back up the theory of One Piece being the Poneglyphs):
Spoiler:
White Beard is offline   Reply With Quote