View Single Post
Old 2004-02-14, 16:22   Link #3
Kamui4356
Aria Company

No SF/Fantasy/Romance/Robots/fighting/historical/action stuff? Well then I suggest Azumanga Daioh. It might not have a plot, but it's funny as hell, and not having a plot seems to be the only way to avoid those catagories. Other than that maybe Hikaru no Go and .hack//sign. I can't really think of anything else that would fit if you want to strictly adhere to those catagories. If not then Lain, Key the metal idol, Boogiepop Phantom, Haibane Renmei, Mermaid's forest, Shingetsutan Tsukihime, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Kanon, Last Exile, Escaflowne, Scrapped Princess, R.O.D. ova and TV, X tv, and Witch Hunter Robin. Also I second all the series sperry recommended except Gasaraki. It's a love it or hate it series and I'm firmly on the side of hate it. The only thing it has going for it are the most realistic looking mechs in any anime. If they ever do build mechs, they'll probably look like the ones in Gasaraki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
And, I'm going to add another one, Nadesico. Nadesico isn't really mature or plot-oriented at all, but it's just so damn funny. ^_^
Actually Nadesico does have a very good plot and is more mature than most people, including the majority of it's fans, give it credit for. The comedy aspect of the show often makes people forget what's really going on in the series.
Also I've been meaning to say this for a while, but the quote in your sig from Megumi should be "the 4th wall" indicating she's talking to the audience. Sorry, I don't mean to sound like an obsessed Nadesico fanboy... (Even though I obviously am )